Welcome New Members!
Our next Group Investiture is on October 21, 2018. This is a very important ceremony as it only happens twice a year. New parents are welcome to attend the Investiture Ceremony. New members MUST have their uniform by Oct 21.
Here is what you need to know before the investiture
Beavers (Age 5-7)
New Beavers must know the (1) Beaver Promise, (2) Law and (3) Salute, and (4) the opening and closing ceremonies.
Cubs (Age 8-10)
New Cubs needs to learn the following:
(1) Explain the Cub Scout Promise and Law.
(2) Perform the Grand Howl with other Cub Scouts.
(3) Demonstrate the Cub Scout salute, handshake, and the Cub Scout motto.
(4) Read or listen to the story of Lord Baden-Powell.
(5) A brief Biography of Lord Baden-Powell
Scout (Ages 11-14)
Scouts need to complete the below requirements to qualify for Investiture:
(1) Know and understand the Scout Promise and Law.
(2) Know and understand the Scout Motto and Slogan.
(3) Know and understand the Scout Handshake, Salute and Sign, and the reasons Scouts use them.
(4) Participate in one Troop activity, preferably outdoors.
(5) Know the brief History of Scouting.
Sunday, September 16, 2018
For: All Sections
Event: Apple Day Fundraiser
Date: Sunday, Sept 30, 2018
Time: 10:30AM - 3:45PM
Sign Up : Youth will only need to sign up for one 45min shift at the Front Desk.
Parent Volunteer: We will need parent volunteer per shift.
Location: Terra Nova Save of Foods (3673 Westminster Hwy, Richmond)
Wear: Full Uniform & jacket based on weather (youth will be standing outside)
Shift 1: 10:30 AM - 11:15 AM Shift 5: 1:30 PM - 2:15 PM
Shift 2: 11:15 AM - 12:00 PM Shift 6: 2:15 PM - 3:00 PM
Shift 3: 12:00 PM - 12:45 PM Shift 7: 3:00 PM - 3:45 PMShift 4: 12:45 PM - 1:30 PM *Up to 10 youth per shift
Thursday, September 13, 2018
Welcome to the 2018/2019 Scouting year full of new adventures! We hope you all had an awesome summer.
Regular meetings will resume in the gym at Spul'u'kwuks Elementary School on Sunday, September 23rd from 11:30am - 1:30pm. It will be Open House, so bring all your friends to experience our amazing program with you!
Please note that there will be NO meeting this coming Sunday on September 16h.
Excited to see you all soon!